As in, I’ve had this blog space for over a year, did like two weak entries in January 2017, then did absolutely nothing again till now, March 2018. I’m so bad at blogging. I want to be one of those people who blogs with passion and has an actual readership. But I never feel eloquent enough and I have passion for like 293839 different things and so instead of just picking one thing or alternating between things…I don’t do anything.
And I feel like I haven’t done anything meaningful, writing-wise, for years. Last year I wrote a post about how stagnant I felt and now I feel embarrassed that not a whole lot has changed. On the positive side, I have a clearer view of who I am, the things I believe, and what, exactly, I want to do with my life. It’s just a matter of taking the right steps toward those goals. I wish I was moving way faster than I am, but I guess it is what it is.
Things that are currently (and pretty constantly) important to me include:
* Education (particularly Special Education, Disability rights in elementary and secondary ed, educators having proper resources and pay to effectively serve their broad base of students.)
* Being an Ex-Evangelical (or #Exvangelical). I was raised Evangelical from age 4 and eventually left all Evangelical churches & communities by age 22. I am 33 now and still coping with the PTSD (including #RaptureAnxiety) and (words I still have trouble typing out) spiritual abuse.
* Latinx representation in all forms of media. There are a lot of us, yet where are we on TV, in the movies, behind the scenes, etc.?
* Bi visibility. Whoomp, there it is.
* Dem Party politics & policy. People who lionize Bernie Sanders, this (or at least my Twitter feed) is probably not the place for you.
* Cats. Cat cartoons. Cat memes. My cats. Your cats. Anyone’s cats.
* Loads of TV shows, musicals, books, and other nerdy stuff. One time I was in a special edition of TV Guide for loving Law & Order so much. That’s definitely going in the obituary one day. “She is preceded in death by her one true love, Law & Order: The Original Series.”
Yeah, sometimes it gets real weird, real fast around here. That should probably be my motto.